Farmers and their innovative cover cropping techniques [DVD]. V. Grubinger. 2006. University of Vermont Extension. Funded with a grant from Northeast SARE. Available for purchase from: http://www.uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/Videos/covercropvideo.html (Verified 31 Dec 2008).
Ten farmers from five Northeastern states describe their innovations in cover cropping, including over-seeding, living mulches, summer cover crops, and cover crops for pest suppression.
Contents (links to video clips and audio text)
Hank Bissell, Lewis Creek Farm. Starksboro, VT.
- Winter Cover Crop - Hairy Vetch and Rye
- Winter Cover Crop - Hairy Vetch and Oats
- Inter-seeding Rye in Fall
Will Stevens, Golden Russett Farm. Shoreham, VT.
Cliff Hatch, Upinngill Farm. Gill, MA.
Eero Ruuttila, Nesenkeag Farm. Litchfield, NH.
- Spring Cover Crop: Field Pea and Oats
- Hairy Vetch and Rye Strips Between Crops
- Cover Crops to Suppress Potato Beetles
- Soil Spader for Incorporating Cover Crops
Lou Johns and Robin Ostfeld, Blue Heron Farm. Lodi, NY.
- Permanent Ground Cover for Wheel Tracks
- Drilled Field Peas and Broadcast Oats
- Mowing Hairy Vetch and Rye