Watch the recordings on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFC3E1ED2621AFD87
Finding and Building Marketing Channels
- Luke Zigovits, Organic Valley. Luke describes the feed distribution program from Organic Valley and how farmers can get involved and earn contracts
- Lou Anderson, Idaho Organic Feed Growers’ Association
- Stacy Davies, Country Natural Beef
- Bob Quinn, Kamut International
Building a System that Works
- Diana Roberts, Washington State University Extension. On-farm Trials: Finding what works for you
- My System. Several dryland organic producers describe an aspect of their particular system
About the Webinar
This special symposium will address agronomic and economic issues specific to dryland organic production. Speakers and attendees will come from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.
Part 1 - Morning Session - All Times are Pacific Time!
8:30am-9:30am Welcome & Keynote Address Bob Quinn, Kamut International
9:30am-10:30am Finding and Building Marketing Channels, Diana Roberts, Luke Zigovits, David Stelzer
10:30am-11:00am Break and Speed Networking
11:00am-12:00pm Marketing Channels, continued, Kate Painter, Lou Andersen, Dan Probert
Part 2 - Afternoon Session - All Times are Pacific Time!
1:00pm-2:30pm Nuts & Bolts of Organic Dryland Farming, Ian Burke, Rich Koenig, Kate Painter, Kristy Borrelli, Misha Manuchehri, Stephen Machado
2:30pm-3:00pm Break and Speed Networking
3:00pm-4:30pm Building a System that Works, David Huggins, Diana Roberts, Maurice Robinette, Eric Nelson
eOrganic is the Organic Agriculture Community of Practice at eXtension.org. Our website at http:www.extension.org/organic_production contains articles, videos, and webinars for farmers, ranchers, agricultural professionals, certifiers, researchers and educators seeking reliable information on organic agriculture, published research results, farmer experiences, and certification. The content is collaboratively authored and reviewed by our community of University researchers and Extension personnel, agricultural professionals, farmers, and certifiers with experience and expertise in organic agriculture.
View the eOrganic webinar schedule, and find recordings of all webinars at http://www.extension.org/pages/25242