Farmers and their diversified horticultural marketing strategies [DVD]. V. Grubinger. 1999. University of Vermont Extension. Available for purchase at: http://www.uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/Videos/marketvideo.htm (verified 31 Dec 2008).
Fourteen farmers representing 8 farms in 4 northeastern states share their marketing strategies from road side stands, to CSAs and restaurants, to wholesale cooperatives.
Contents (links to video clips and audio text)
- Roadside Stand Jack and Karen Manix, Walker Farm. Dummerston, VT.
- Farmer’s Market Paul and Sandy Arnold, Pleasant Valley Farm. Argyle, NY.
- Large-Scale CSA Michael Docter and Linda Hildebrand, Food Bank Farm. Hadley, MA.
- Multiple Markets Jan Goranson and Rob Johanson, Goranson Farm. Dresden, ME.
- Internet Sales Rich Romer, Gourmet Greens. Chester, VT.
- Pick-Your-Own Norm Grieg, Grieg Farm. Red Hook, NY.
- Restaurant Sales Chris and Dave Colson, New Leaf Farm. Durham, ME.
- Wholesale Cooperative Paul Harlow and Dennis Sauer, Harlow Farm. Westminster, VT.