Lisa McCrory, Northeast Organic Dairy Producers Alliance
Organic dairy producer profiles are the stories of real farmers, their journey through their transition to organic, and their practices as certified organic farms today. These articles may provide a holistic view of the farm. Often they capture the decision-making processes that led a farm family to decide to transition to organic. They may also highlight production challenges faced during the process and how they worked through those issues. These stories include new practices that farmers learn and implement through the process. Many of these stories have been documented by the Northeast Organic Dairy Producers Alliance (NODPA). Please note that practices mentioned in these articles may or may not meet the current organic standards as certain national organic program production rules change and/or have changed over time. Be sure to check with your local certifier about current standards. We hope that these farmer's stories can provide knowledge, strength, and positive energy as they share their transition to organic dairying.
- Bawden Farm, NY (Brian and Liz Bawden)
- Brookford Farm, NH (Luke and Catarina Mahoney)
- Brotherly Farm, VT (Craig and Angela Russell)
- Desperation Acres, WI (Bruce and Mari Drinkman)
- Kimball Brook Farm, VT (Cheryl and JD Devos)
- Green Pastures Farm, PA (Arden and Caroline Landis)
References and Citations
- Northeast Organic Dairy Producers Alliance [Online]. Available at: http://www.nodpa.com (verified 17 March 2010).